In all societies women’s and men’s role are socially constructed, but all too frequently gender based disparities exist that disadvantage women; this impedes their development and hence that of mankind. For example, women tend to suffer violence at the hands of their intimate partners more often than men; women’s political participation and their representation in decision making structures lag behind men’s; women and men have different economic opportunities; women are over represented among the poor and women and girls make up the majority of the people trafficked and involved in sex trade. It is therefore clear that there are, global patterns to inequality. These issues and others need to be addressed to promote gender equality. Achieving gender equality between men and women will require changes at many levels including changes in attitudes and relationships, changes in institutions and legal frameworks, changes in economic institutions and changes in political decision making structures.
Gender mainstreaming is one strategy that is embraced internationally towards realizing gender equality. It involves integration of a gender perspective into the preparation, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, regulatory measures and spending programmes with a view to promoting equality between women and men, and combating discrimination. Though gender is used as a catch all term in many contexts, to describe a range of issues in an apolitical way, it is often understood as being only about women’s needs, rather than about the unequal social relationships between women and men that are invested with power. Working for sustainability therefore, presents opportunities to not only acknowledging global inequalities but to contribute to social and gender transformation.
The Conference aims to deliberate on the following issues,
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment for Sustainable Development.
- Gender Equality, Human Rights and Peace for Sustainable Development.
- Gender Equality and Health for Sustainable Development
- Gender Equality and Education for Sustainable Development
- Gender & Social Sustainability
- Gender and Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development.
- Cross Cutting Themes on Sustainable Development.
- Engagement of men in achieving gender equality.
- Abstract Submission- 31st May 2018
- Abstract Acceptance- 15th June 2018
- Full Paper Submission- 30th June 2018
- Review Comments- 15th July 2018
- Final Submission- 31st July 2018
- Last Date For Registration For The Conference- 31st July 2018
- Prof. Anitha Kurup Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru
- Ms. Archana Aggarwal Senior Manager, Indian National Bar Association, New Delhi.
- Prof. Malashri Lal Dean, Academic Activities and Projects, University of Delhi
- Dr Meera Khanna Social Activist & Freelance Writer, New Delhi
- Prof. Nirupama Prakash Director, Amity Institute of Social Sciences, Noida
- Dr Ravindra Kumar Sharma Librarian, United Nations Information Centre, New Delhi.
- Prof. Sarasu Esther Thomas Professor of Law and Co-ordinator, Centre for Women and the Law, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru.
- Dr. Nissar Ahmed Chancellor, Presidency University
- Prof Vijayan Immanuel Pro Chancellor, Presidency University
- Prof. Nagendra Parashar Vice Chancellor, Presidency University
- Prof. Radha Padmanabhan Pro Vice Chancellor, Presidency University
- Dr. Mrinmoy Biswas Registrar, Presidency University
Prof. Sapna S.
Dean, School of Law, Presidency University, Bengaluru 560064
Email: [email protected]
Dr M. Ishwara Bhat
Chief Librarian, Presidency University, Bengaluru 560064
Email: chieﬂ[email protected]
Dr K. N. Sheshadri
Senior Librarian, Presidency University, Bengaluru 560064
Mobile: +91 7899218877
All correspondence to be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
- Prof. Sapna S, Dean, School of Law
- Ms. Leena George, Asst. Professor
- Dr. M. Ishwara Bhat, Chief Librarian
- Mr. Sujith S Surendran, Asst. Professor
- Prof. Snehaprabha, HOD, EEE Dep
- Dr. K. N. Sheshadri, Senior Librarian
- Dr. Anu Sukhdev, Asst. Professor
- Mr. Sridhar Shinde R, Administrative Oﬃcer
International Conference on Gender Equality through the Strategy of Gender Mainstreaming, September 6-7, 2018
Faculty Delegates (India)INR2000
Students & Research Scholars (India)INR1000
By Demand Draft
By Bank Transfer
PRESIDENCY UNIVERSITY ACCOUNT”.
Account no. 11890100129874 at FEDERAL BANK,
GANDHINAGAR BRANCH, No. 11, 1st Cross,
Gandhinagar, Bengaluru. PIN 560009.
For transfers from outside India, use Swift Code FDRLINBBBG2
The duly filled in registration form along with payment details should reach the Organizing Secretary latest by 31 July 2018.
Original contributions and case studies based on applications, research, surveys, case studies and practices related to the themes mentioned are invited. Registration of author is mandatory for paper presentation and publication.
Abstract Submission: The Abstract (200 words, The Times New Roman, 12 fontsize) may be sent via email. For any clarification, you can e-mail to: [email protected]
The accepted full-length papers should be sent to: [email protected]
Please adhere to the dates for papers submission given elsewhere in the website.
- Articles are typically of around 6000-8000, words including footnotes.
- Notes and Comments are shorter pieces (of less than 5,000 words). These have a narrower scope of inquiry than articles and may include analysis of recent case laws, legislation or policy.
- The Harvard Blue Book (19th Edition)/APA citation format should be followed.
- The paper should be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes must be typed in: Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document attached to the e-mail:
- Theme Chosen
- Title of the Paper
- Name(s) of the Author(s)
- Designation of the author(s)
- College/ Institute/ University of Author(s)
- Programme Enrolled In & Year of Study of Author(s)
- E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s)
- Colour Photograph.
Accomodation & Transport
Limited number of subsidized accomodations in budget hotels and service apartments have been made available on first-come first-serve basis. Please indicate your requirement in the registration form.
Besides, hotels near the Presidency University are given below. In addition, there are good numbers of hotels on the Airport Road which are about 10 kms from the university and the participant can do the booking through travel websites.
Angsana Oasis Spa & Resort,
Rajanakunte, Doddaballapur Road, Bengaluru - 560064
Ramanashree California Resort,
Ananthapura Gate, Doddaballapur Road, Yelahanka, Bengaluru - 560064, INDIA.
Hotel The Sai Leela,
No.3/1, Singanayakanahalli, Doddabalapur Main Road, Yelahanka, Bengaluru-560064.
Transport from & to Yelahanka, Bengaluru will be arranged on both days of the conference.
Sight-SeeingFor international participants, One day free trip to Srirangarapatna & Mysore has been arranged on 8th Sep 2018.
The Presidency Group of institutions has a legacy of 40 years in education. The Group constitutes 7 Schools, 3 colleges, and the Presidency University. The Presidency University established under the Government of Karnataka Act No. 41 of 2013 aims to be a world class institution by nurturing talent amongst all those who enter the university portal. Through close nurturing of talent and skills in each individual, it aims to transform the lives of the youth to be successful professionals and citizens. The university has been awarded “Best Emerging University in South India” by ASSOCHAM in 2017 and “University of the Year Award 2018” by EdTech Review. The University's academic programme is designed to foster intellectual vibrancy, academic rigor and community activism in all its three Schools of School of Engineering, School of Management and School of Law.
The University commenced the Degree programmes in 2015. School of Engineering offers BTech programmes in Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering. The School of Law offers an Integrated 5-year Honors Bachelor Degree Program in Law in 3 disciplines of B.A., LL.B.[Hons.], BBA.,LL.B.[Hons.], and B.Com., LL.B.[Hons.], with a multi-disciplinary interface. School of Management offers two year MBA programme with specialization in Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, International Business and Logistics & Supply Chain Management. There is a strong emphasis on industrial orientation in all the programs offered to ensure practical and hands on experience. In addition, the university offers PhD programs in Engineering, Law, Management, Science and Humanities. Currently there are around 3600 students and over 300 staff members. Located in the picturesque campus in the vicinity of Rajanukunte which is a suburb of Bengaluru on the Doddaballapur highway, it has a huge green expanse of 66 acres of sheer architectural beauty.
United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan (UNIC)
UNIC publicizes UN initiatives and programmes, engages in outreach activities and conducts information activities on behalf of UN agencies in India and Bhutan. UNIC provides information on the United Nations to the media, governmental and non-governmental organization, educational institutions, students, research centres and the public at large. UNIC Digital Library http://digitallibrary.unic.org.in is a vital source of information on the work of the United Nations.
All correspondence be sent to: email: [email protected]
Be in touch with the conference updates from University Website, Facebook, Linked In and Twitter.
Address: Presidency University, Itgalpur,
Rajanakunte, Yelahanka, Bengaluru – 560064
Phone: +91 80 23093500. Ext 118
Mobile: +91 7899218877